Facing a divorce or any family law issue can be not only challenging, but stressful and full of uncertainty.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Lemkin, Barnes & Row, Inc. are here to help you through this time in your life. We will educate you and advise you on the legal process and the key issues in your case. With our aggressive and effective strategies, you will have confidence that your attorney is pursuing your goals for your case. Our family law attorneys have decades of experience in several areas of family law. We have the skills and mind set to create solutions that fit your specific needs and concerns.
(each area has its own box and link to more info)
- Divorce (dissolution of marriage or domestic partnership)/legal separation/annulment — Learn how to protect your interests while you go through a divorce or related matter, by securing aggressive and effective representation tailored to your specific needs.
- Uncontested divorce/mediation/settlement agreements — If you and your spouse have come to agreement on the terms of your divorce or related matter, our firm can make certain that the agreement you reach becomes an enforceable order commensurate with your intentions.
- Child custody and visitation — Preservation of your relationship with your children is of utmost importance throughout the legal process. We will guide you toward establishing and protecting your relationship with your children.
- Child support — Securing appropriate orders relative to each parent's ability to provide for his or her children is critical to the stabilization of the children's home life and well-being. We will assist you in making certain your children's needs are met. We can also assist in the enforcement of child support orders.
- Alimony/spousal support — Many variables affect the determination of an appropriate spousal support award. We will provide you with the information necessary to move forward in establishing or defending against a spousal support claim.
- Property division — An equitable division of property will help provide you future security, and assist in establishing a new and separate household. The division of property also includes the characterization and valuation of property for proper division.
- Modifications of child custody, child support, and spousal support — A variety of factors can lead to the necessity of modifying your existing agreement or order. If the circumstances in your case have changed, we will evaluate your facts and guide you toward a successful modification of the support or custody order.
- Domestic violence restraining orders — In these situations, immediate action is both necessary and appropriate for the safety of you and/or your children. If you are being abused or threatened, or someone is accusing you of such behavior, we will take the action necessary to protect your safety and your rights. Our firm also defends unwarranted domestic violence applications, to avoid the serious repercussions of a meritless restraining order.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements help you to maintain control over your property, and can help couples customize how California law applies to property they own or may acquire during their marriage. We can help you determine if this type of agreement is appropriate for you.
- Ex-parte applications for temporary orders — In some situations, it is necessary to take immediate action in order to protect parties, property, or to secure certain types of financial orders. Our attorneys will respond to your urgent needs, and will take the steps necessary to secure the appropriate orders on your behalf.
• Paternity — We work with clients to obtain proper DNA testing that can assure both parents that the appropriate father is granted custody or visitation rights, along with child support obligations